The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships for graduate students from countries other than Japan to study in the 2021 academic year.
Application deadline: October 31, 2020
Eligible countries: International
To receive (country): Japan
Type: Doctorate (PhD), Master
Eligibility: To be considered for the scholarship, the student must meet all the requirements.
1. The student must not have Japanese nationality.
2. The student must be enrolled from April 2021 or currently apply for the academic year from April 2021 at a higher school in Japan. Those already enrolled and not yet enrolled (including people who are currently employed at the time of applying for the program) are eligible to apply for this scholarship if they enroll in April 2021. Those entering
Graduate schools must apply in fall 2021 to the 2021 program which starts accepting applications from April 1 to April 30, 2021 (planned).
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional higher school do not apply, however, those who can present a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, a student applying for the doctoral program must start the doctoral course at the age of 35. A student applying for the master’s program must start the master’s course at the age of thirty.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he will be able to find a job in his country of origin after graduating from high school. This does not require you to get a guaranteed job or return to your home country after graduating from university, but you are expected to have a strong will to work in your home country to to come up.
6. The student should have a thorough knowledge of international friendship and goodwill, and should be able to attend events organized by the institution and be part of the network as a member of graduates.
7. The student should be able to conduct daily conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (without exception)
Number of scholarships: 5 students
Duration and value of the program: the scholarship period is determined based on the shortest period
Required to obtain the required score.
(1) 200,000 yen per month for one to two years
(2) 180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) 150,000 yen per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses to attend an international conference, etc. The scholarship will be provided.
How to Apply: Prepare all the documents listed below.
Enter the “web application system” and fill in all the necessary information, download the required documents (1 ~ 4) as a PDF file.
“Web Application System” → https://entry.hisf.or.jp (This system is available from September 1, 2020)
Once the registration procedures are completed, the application number will be issued.
Approved student application numbers are posted on our website. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully save the number you received.
It is important to review all of the application requirements on the award website (see link below) before applying.